Friday, January 28, 2011

First Entry

Hot News: A protest is happening in the streets of Egypt. It's mind boggling when countries we rarely hear news about, all of a sudden just storm to the forefront. A lot of this has been happening more recently. An estimated 20,000 protesters in both Cairo and Alexandria gathered together to boot out the current president from office. Astonishing!

For me, the biggest news came last January with the devastating earthquake that hit Haiti. A hurricane of that strength comes around and it just so happens to hit the poorest nation on the Western hemisphere… It hit home for me since Haiti’s neighboring country is Dominican Republic. I didn’t even know we could get earthquakes. I thought we’d be exempt from earthquakes as we’re stuck with hurricanes every summer. Mother Nature works in mysterious way.

In my opinion, all predictions regarding Haiti have come true. Other nations seem to just be throwing money Haiti's way, but, progress is not coming soon enough. Haiti has recently has been struck again with another disaster, Cholera. Can it get worse??? I fear it's possible but I'd rather keep those thoughts to myself.

On a Personal Note: I am excitedly waiting for my interview with the NYC teaching fellows on Thursday. Unusually I started this blog, months before I must go to my true calling and perhaps this blog will cease abruptly. I don't expect to have any flowerers for this blog, so the termination of this blog doesn't bother me at all.

End Note: I hope everyone receives the knowledge they were meant to get. As for me, I'll be venting out my frustrations and delights here again next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment